Thank you for your interest in the Sinai Hospital Program in Internal Medicine.
Applications are accepted through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS).
Our National Residency Matching Program (NRMP) numbers are the following:
- Categorical Three-year Program: 1249140C0
- Preliminary One-year Program: 1249140P0
ERAS Applications must include the following:
- Curriculum Vitae
- Personal statement
- Three tetters of recommendation (written within the last six months)
- Dean's Letter or Medical Student Performance Evaluation
- USMLE/COMLEX Step 1, 2 & 3 scores, if applicable
- ECFMG Certification/CSA test results, if applicable
The deadline for applications is December 31.
We are pleased to accept applications from individuals who have attended U.S. allopathic and osteopathic schools, as well as international medical schools.
Please note the following criteria:
- If a visa is required, we accept applicants interested in applying only for J1 ECFMG-sponsored visas. Please be aware we do not accept Employment Authorization Documents (EADs).
- We request USMLE Steps 1 and 2 at the time of application with scores above 210 and passed on the first attempt, including Clinical Skills.
- All international medical graduates must have completed their ECFMG Certification by the start of residency.
- Medical school degrees should be received within the past five years, though exceptions are made on a case-by-case basis with the overall application strength considered.
- U.S. clinical experience is greatly preferred but not required.
We evaluate all applications in their entirety, and feel that Board scores represent one component of the applicant’s credentials. We have a very competitive program, and have had no unfilled positions for more than a decade. We encourage early submissions to allow a more complete evaluation.
Selected applicants will be invited for an interview at which time they will have the opportunity to meet with members of the faculty, tour the facilities and visit with current residents.
For further information about the application process, please contact the Department of Medicine at 1-800-444-8233, extension 7068, or send an email to SinaiMedicine@lifebridgehealth.org.