CyberKnife® offers important cancer treatment options, especially for patients with inoperable or surgically complex tumors, or those who seek an alternative to conventional surgery or radiation therapy. Because CyberKnife® does not require incisions or anesthesia, there also is much less risk for complications than with conventional surgery.
Key advantages of CyberKnife®:
- Treats patients in one to five visits
- Pain free and requires no anesthesia
- Minimal side effects
- Outpatient procedure with no overnight hospital stay required
- Little or no recovery time
- Immediate return to normal activities
- Constantly corrects for tumor and patient movement throughout procedures, so patients can lie comfortably during treatment
- Reaches most tumors from virtually unlimited directions with robotic mobility
- Minimizes radiation exposure to healthy tissue surrounding a tumor site
- Lesions previously treated with maximum allowed radiation doses may also be treated
For more information or to schedule an appointment with one of our professionals please call 410-601-WELL.